Dr Plim

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Holy Shit What A Crazy Morning

It's the small things in life that shift it all around, stir things up all over the place, that tip the scales from "wow this is going just right" to "i can't see a way out...", the dime that derails the train.
Small things such as... a tooth!

I got three teeth implanted (DRILLED) about 7-8 years ago and 2 months ago one went "crunch" and became slightly loose. I had just gotten married, moved to Cali, flying back and forth from Cali to Florida, working on the Ph.D. and on an article... soooo busy and financially stretched that I just wanted to be careful with the tooth until things settled in my life.
Not gonna happen though.
This morning I woke up and my tooth felt wobblier and after some innocent exploration with my tongue it just slipped out, no pressure, no pain, just slip. The next things I know it is 6am and i'm holding a tooth with a 1cm metal piece coming out of it. I thought (hoped) I was still dreaming, having a really vivid dream, as I looked at my tooth. Alas, it is a reality. The problem isn't aesthetic at all the problem is that the bottom teeth may now move to fill this gap... so any work (if it delayed) may require f'ing braces again! And money money money!
Wild

Anyway, had breakfast, no prob, went to the office and started contacting implantologists in UF. They have implantology dept here. Great! Hummm, not great. Despite having student health insurance they accept nothing... and the earliest is in January.
Ok, I had to go to the DMV to get my driver's license renewed so I bike against traffic during rush hour along roads that don't have bike lanes (arghghghghhgghghghghg annoying!!!) to get there on time and have them tell me that they can't renew it until i have renewed the I-20! UCK!!
Bike all the way back.

But wait, the silver lining. downtrodden I decide to bike back a longer way and end up exploring a new route through wood covered roads where the trees were all yellow and red and the bike path (yes!) was littered with leaves. And being in the present moment, hearing Peter Fenner whisper "no preferences, no attachments or aversions" and enjoying this amazing rollercoaster of a morning!!!

Wild Wild Wild

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home